Thursday, October 16, 2008

Never Take a Cab to the Airport Again

I need to give major props to the new "Airport Express" line on the Beijing Subway- I finally got a chance to ride it earlier this month, and I was really impressed by how clean, fast, and comfortable the thing is. Riding this line has a one-way flat fare of 25 kuai, but it is totally worth it. I have an apartment near Bagou subway stop, and were I to take a cab from there to the airport I'd run up a fare of over 100 kuai, but now I can now take a subway for a quarter of the price that takes the same amount of time as a cab would! Take a look at the photo to the right. That is the new subway, not a train. Those are individual seats! The Chinese are actually encouraging personal space! There is even plenty of room for baggage. And the very best part of all is you never need to worry about dying in a horrible Beijing car accident again! Huzzah!

No comments: